Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Time for Travel

Why is it that when you finally have time to travel, traveling becomes sooooo expensive?
This summer I plan on traveling throughout Mexico. I want to visit family and experience new places I have never been. I actually have time off available at work and there are no courses offered this summer so it is the ideal time to go on vacation, but its too expensive. Normally a fight to Mexico ranges from $300 to $400, but this summer the fees have gone up too almost $600! And they have even gotten stricter on what you can and cannot take.

If the economy is in such bad shape, why do they put up their prices? I don't know what will happen this summer. All I can do is wait and see.

4 comments:

  1. An economic recession can really hurt in many areas, especially when prices go up so businesses can still be profitable. At some point, something has got to give, right?! I do hope you find a way to get some good Mexico travel time under your belt this summer--one way or another. As you said, it is a good time to do it. Maybe you can get down to Baja then catch a ferry over to the mainland. Or maybe drive down with a friend and let that be part of the adventure. The way I see it, travel just has to be figured out some times...or it'll never happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling during holidays always costs a lot, especially traveling in summer time. For my personal experience, the airplane ticket in summer is always more expensive than in winter. I don't know why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could check into flying out of Tijuana. Sometimes it's cheaper and often there are better deals on interjet and volaris, the "Jet Blue" and "Southwest" of Mexico. volaris.com.mx and interjet.com.mx
    Good luck. Me llevas contigo???? Porfis?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going through the same thing. Tickets to Japan a couple years ago might have been $800 or so. Looking at websites now, the lowest I can find are $1150.

    It's really making us reconsider whether we should go or not, $2300 is not a small amount of money.

    ReplyDelete